Wednesday 15 May 2013

Mouse Plant



I've grown Arisarum proboscideum on the edge of my woodland beds for some years now.  The tiny brown and white flowers that appear among the leaves at this time of year look just like a family of mice peeping out.  Last year one of the leaves developed a variegation and now a few more have the same colouring.  The real treat this year is that the plant has produced a striped flower.  I have a tiny striped 'mouse' peeping out from a group of patterned leaves.




4 comments:

  1. I love variegated leaves. We have trees in our garden and some plants lose their variegation due to shade. But I love our trees too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosalind, thanks for visiting and for your comment. I love your Broom, I can almost imagine the scent just by looking at the photo.

      Delete
  2. How cool! It would be the only type of mouse I'd want in my garden. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun. I look forward to them every spring.

      Delete