Friday 24 May 2013

Another Sample.




Still on the theme of fields, but going a little more abstract this time.  It's a two layer piece.  Organza loosely embroidered with a single blackwork thread is laid over a charcoal sketch on textured paper.  It's difficult to see from the photo but the threads which lie above the organza make interesting shadows on the paper layer.  I'm pleased with the sample, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to scale it up to a larger piece.

In other news, my end of module assignment for the open university is now completed and ready to send.
There were times when I felt I'd never get this far, but A215 is now done and I've registered for my next module, starting in October.  This time I've chosen EA300, Children's Literature.

2 comments:

  1. this is really nice. I like the layered effect of the black thread with the organza on paper. I would try it larger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, thanks for your visit and your encouraging comment. Good luck with your garden, moving that grass looked like a major undertaking.

      Delete