Thursday 10 November 2011

End in sight.



Today we exchanged contracts on my Mum & Dad's house.  Everything will be completed on Monday and then the new owner can move in.
It's taken two months of hard slog to arrive at this point.  Starting on the day they became residents in a nursing home.  We live forty miles away from my parents, so the logistics of dealing with estate agents and solicitors local to them was a nightmare in itself. 
I've almost lost count of the number of days spent boxing and bagging all their bits and pieces to go to whichever charity shop would take them.  One thing I'm very sure of is that I'll sort out and sling every piece of rubbish in our home well before my son has to take over and sell it.  I don't want him to go through what we've had to do in the past few weeks.
You have a whole different view of your mother once you've had to sort through her bottom drawers!

No comments:

Post a Comment