Thursday 3 November 2011

Coincidentally



I've had a Greek up on my roof today.  Thankfully my one has turned out to be a lot more useful than those 'all over the TV' euro-zone ones.
He's been splitting the signal from my TV aerial so that I can plug in a TV upstairs, as well as down.  This has been made necessary by my mother kindly donating us her fairly new, flat screen TV when she moved in to a nursing home some weeks ago.
With our new high-gain aerial, low-loss cable, two-way splitter and two hour's labour, her generosity has cost us a three digit sum.

Coincidentally, almost the same sum that we had to pay removal men a few months ago when my mother-in-law died leaving us her piano.  Said instrument was very old, very frail and way to big to fit into any of our rooms.  She must have known this!  Luckily we were able to find a good home for it with a family whose daughter had just started to learn.  They were very grateful to receive it.  Unfortunately not quite grateful enough to pay the removal fees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment