Wednesday, 21 August 2013

It's Finished






In the end it turned out more Echinacea than Helenium and the satin stitch gave way to straight stitch, but it was always going to be 'interpretation' rather than 'representation' and I rather like it!
The background colouring is done with fabric paints, the flowers are sketched in with a fine-nibbed fabric pen and the stranded threads are from a selection of autumn colours that I found in my stash.
You can tell I'm pleased with it because I've mounted it tidily in my samples book. Pieces I'm not happy with tend to end up stuck in a drawer somewhere.

6 comments:

  1. I have way too many projects stuck in a drawer Naida! This is lovely and should definitely be out on view :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, thanks for your comment. I'm so glad people like this one as it is a bit different from my usual, but I did enjoy the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Suz, I'm pleased that you like it. The colours are a bit of departure for me

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Sue, I'm really happy that you like it.

      Delete