Wednesday 23 January 2013

Snow Time

Woke up this morning with an idea for my next embroidery project.  Having all this snow on the ground seemed like an excellent excuse to make a start right away.  I'd been feeling a little guilty about not spending much time on my stitching.

I've raided all my fabric and thread stashes and put together a spring palette, which I hope to make into a small installation using ideas developed in my West Dean course with Michael Brennand-Wood.

On a 'craft' note, another one of my A215 poetry gems.  We were asked to write about an ordinary household object - for reasons having to do with size I chose a loo roll!


Cylinder of card,
open-ended,
versatile now disrobed
My son will
have you
Santa,
red crepe wrapped.
My daughter,
an angel,
doily clothed.

Myself,
more practical,
a starter home
For
beans,
both broad and runner,
or
Peas
Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment